Wednesday, September 16, 2020

#Day5 = #23DaysToGo

 Today’s theme is Parents

I want to share about my parent family story. One day I went back from my office and I saw a pile of paper sitting up in the corner of my terrace. It’s near my motorcycle so they caught my eyes. There are handwriting on top of pile. I picked it up and read it whilst I took it into my parlor.

I read with my mother, she was multitasking herself by watching TV and did her work –and read the paper. Later on, I knew that it was my mother’s letter to my father back on around 1990. My father studied in Bogor while my mother stayed in Jogja with my aunt and my sister, I wasn’t born yet at that time.

They had communication by letter and my father collected my mother’s letter on a handmade scrapbook. It sequenced based on the date. How romantic was my father :,) sadly, my mother wasn’t save his letter so my memories about my father was really limited.

When I read it, I could see that my father was thought a lot about my sister.. my mother gave detail about my sister growth, what she’s doing at certain time, even she asked him not to think about her too much.. ah, envy me.. :,)

Maybe my memory about my father is not as much as many daughters in general. He passed away when I was 9 years old and my mother was taking over his role.. she’s the strongest women ever in my life J thank you mom !

About my 23 days to go before marriage.. well, because of this pandemic the church hasn’t have a proper set for wedding mass as usual, they move the altar so –I have to say- the place is too small. In mediocrity, altar is on the middle but it’s arranged for live streaming. We outwit by ask for permission if we can use live streaming as well so we still use the middle altar. But the priest refuse it.. the problem is, the priest who will lead my wedding mass, he minds if we can’t use the middle altar. It’s upsetting tho.. L I was crying the first I knew about that, but I can cope ;) just.. whatever happens.. it will happen.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilihan untuk Menjadi Ibu yang Bekerja

Menjadi ibu itu capek ! Serius, melelahkan. Sebagai seorang ibu, mau bekerja atau full time di rumah, tetap saja melelahkan. Beberapa waktu...