Thursday, October 22, 2020

#Day27 = #13DaysAfter

The theme is : someone who inspires me.

Of course it’s my mom ! Even though she’s my single parent; my father was passed away when I was 9 years old; but she could raise me and my sister well. How could a single mother, work as a high school teacher, foster two children, one becomes nurse, one becomes doctor, furthermore if the second one from a private university ? she had a fascinating money calculation.

I remembered when I was a child, I couldn’t eat fried chicken, it’s expensive food for us at that time.  When all my friends had mobile phone, there’s me who couldn’t afford that one. When our neighbor busy upgrading their house, there were us who’s stand still the same building with required renovation. Sometimes I felt ‘were us that pathetic ?’

Years later, I realized the importance of financial, even I still bad at it, but at least my mind has been opened a little. Everything I want doesn’t always mean that’s what I need. There’s priority for everything since we can’t afford all and my mother’s priority was clear : education.

As a teacher, she always said about education and its importance. She wanted to give us provision of life and education could lead as a compass, especially for a job. She embedded that woman should stand on her feet. She told me, one day, she said that when I was a toddler, my mother had a hard time to take care of two children, although she had two babysitters at time; one for me and other for my sister. She felt uncomfortable to give trust to our babysitters. Then the idea came up crossed her mind to quit from her job, but after she thought it deeply, the idea ended as an idea; she never quit as a high school teacher. Fortunately, that’s the best move because years later, my father was passed away :’if she quit from her job, then who will pay for our basic needs ? it’s scary to think though…

She’s very inspiring, strong, have a good calculation, full of love, and loyal.. I knew that many men tried to catch her up, but she always ignores them. I didn’t how but when God created her, He must be in a very good mood to make a perfect women.

a screenshot of me and my mother had a video call two days ago :)

I hope I could take the good sides of her and throw away the bad ones. Maybe that’s one of many reasons I want to go out from my hometown. I want to be both strong and independent women as if I have a child, I can raise him/her well. I don’t know is it good idea or not, let God lead…

As my 27th writing, I have been writing for three days. LOL. I try to make a financial note and it kinda works.. I tried to more thrifty ^^ I hope I can constantly doing this and grow up better.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilihan untuk Menjadi Ibu yang Bekerja

Menjadi ibu itu capek ! Serius, melelahkan. Sebagai seorang ibu, mau bekerja atau full time di rumah, tetap saja melelahkan. Beberapa waktu...