Friday, March 15, 2019

American Horror Story season 8 : Apocalypse; a Review

Hi guys ! Welcome to another review. Today, I will give my little review about American Horror Story (AHS) season 8. I’ve made the previous season’s review here.

I’ve watched this season a few weeks ago and I finished it on 2 days. LOL. Not as fast as season 7, tho.. but still made me had a “forgiving headache” because I saw the screen for some hours without resting. Hahaha.. but I enjoyed it. So, it’s forgiven.

I will make this review just as the previous season, but I will not compare this season into another season (the comparison I wrote on the previous review). There are three components here: character, story, and the horror itself. 

First, character.
OH, DAMN ! How I love Cody Fern as Michael Langdon ! He’s just too way perfect for being Satan’s son.  He is the main character here and he did it gorgeously. He is the star. That’s it. I got obsessed with him after this season because he’s very stunning <3 and many people think the same tho.. hahaha !! it’s not only me..  well, for some photos of Cody, he’s like Benedict Cumberbatch.. I imagine he becomes the next Sherlock Holmes .. :’) (yea, I’ve read an article said that Benedict will stop playing Sherlock).

Another character, let’s say Cordelia (YASSS, she’s here babyy), is just as good as she was meant to be. Not surprisingly, because she is Sarah Paulson, one of the main souls of AHS, besides Evan Peter, Emma Roberts, and so on. One character that made me surprise is, we’re welcoming (again) the queen, Jessica Lange ! she didn’t show up since season 5, and she made her come back at this season, even not as the main character. but still… :’) you’re still gorgeous, lady !

Maybe if you first watch this season, you will get confused because there are many talents that had more than one characters. Let’s say, Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson, they had four and three characters here, as far as I remember. And each character didn’t have connected at all. 

Second, story.
Things that you should do if you want to watch this season, go back to see season three and one first.  If you don’t watch these two seasons previously, maybe you will get confused. But if you had watched it, I bet you will be screaming because of AHS parallel’s universe (or it is just me ?). There are many characters from the previous season, so go watch it first. 

As I said before, the story on season 8 is so related to season one and three. Almost half of this story is about season 3, tho..  but I really love this season. It gave many explanations that still make confused at previous season and I appreciate Ryan Murphy (or whoever they are) that could make a very good connection, especially between season one and three. 

This season is about an Antichrist, a Satan’s son, who wants to destroy the world so that the world can be reborn into his hand. On the other side, the witches (they come from Coven, AHS season three), want to against him to take over the world. I really think that the story stays on the line, there are no additional things that could make the story too complicated. 

One thing that made me a little bit unsatisfying is when I reached the last episode. I thought that it just too fast, just like it imposed to be done. As my friend thought, “He is the son of Satan, why he can die easily just like that ?” yea, we were wondering something more than that. Huehehe..

Third, the horror itself.
It’s different from season seven. Season seven gave us the real horror because it can easily found on our life and it’s related to the politic condition in the world. This season is more fiction, but we can feel the terror just right. It’s not like season two or four that really sadistic, bloody, and inhumanity. Well, we can feel them, but at a sufficient level.

The fact, I was waiting for AHS to make a story about (Church of) Satan. I really like this issue, but maybe this story is focused on Michael Langdon as a Satan’s son, so about the cult or group itself isn’t much. I was talking about it on AHS season 7, I really thought that Cult (the main theme on AHS season 7) will about Church of Satan, but I was definitely wrong.  

Okay, I think that’s all about a little review of American Horror Story season 8. The conclusion is, I really love this season. It’s one of the best seasons I’ve ever watched. 

Moral of the story ? (again, it’s too naïve) well, never thought that witches will against Antichrist. Maybe other films show that witch and Antichrist were on the same side, but this season is different. No, it’s not talking about God or Christ, but humanity. How the witches want to save people all over the world, they didn’t like about doomsday. And I really love the witches that stand for that  <3

Thank you for reading my post ! Have a nice day :D




Cody Fern as a Michael Langdon


Young Michael Langdon (also played by Cody Fern) 
*could you imagine him with a long coat, a hat, and a cigarette pipe as Shelock Holmes did ?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilihan untuk Menjadi Ibu yang Bekerja

Menjadi ibu itu capek ! Serius, melelahkan. Sebagai seorang ibu, mau bekerja atau full time di rumah, tetap saja melelahkan. Beberapa waktu...