Wednesday, February 28, 2018

American Horror Story season 7 : Cult; a Review

Hi ! it’s been a long time to write in this blog. I had final exam and it made me stress. Hahaha.. I had to face two exams; first was about the theory, it’s multiple choice, we had to choose one from five possibly answer. We call this a CBT (Computer Based Test) because you have to do this exam by computer. Second, it’s about skill, we call it OSCE (Objective Stricture Clinical Examination). We had twelve stations with different diagnoses, then we did doctor-patient (with simulation patient) activity and the senior doctor will observe and rate us. I’ve done this final exams and I have to wait for the result (hope the best result, amen). I have to wait for about one month with doing nothing. Then I decided to watch my favorite serial film all the time (well, until now), American Horror Story season 7 : Cult. I’ve been waiting the perfect time to watch this series. And after brain-heart-mind storming ? yeah. Perfect time. Hahaha..

I want to make a little review for this season. In this review, I will talk about story, character, and the horror part itself compare with another season (yeah, I’ve watched American Horror Story from season 1 until 6 before) Hope you enjoy it :D

First, story.

This season they had a good story. I think it’s really suitable for this moment. The election, Donald J. Trump, Social Justice Warrior (I heard about it mostly on my twitter), and about the ‘cult’ itself. Why I use ‘..’ ? maybe because I had a narrow mind about cult. i will talk about it later :D The main story is about political, majority and minority community. I think that just my country that had this issue, but by watching this season, maybe this is the main issue globaly ? 

For me, the problem in this season is not too much. It’s different with season 5, I don’t know about many characteristic with thir on story on season 5. There are many characters, too many problem but not solved. I little bit disappointed with this season, though.. oh, and season 6. At first, they had a good story, but the plot hole just made me….. like this  .__. Hahha.. But in this season, there are fewer characters, so the story keep focus. Maybe it’s not as good as season 2, the season that I fell in love with, but season 7 is still good :D :D oh.. and the similarity about season 7 and 2 is.. maybe they have a typical ending ? ;D

Second, character.

This is the third season without Jessica Lange, the queen :” to be honest, AHS lost of their third soul.. hahaha.. but Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters can be the other soul :”D they play a good role in this season, well, as usual. 

One thing that I really want to say is about Ivy’s character. I’ve searched her name, Allison Pill. I think that she’s just too cute for Sarah Paulson’s wife. With her pixie haircut.. huehee.. another thing is about RJ. Who was RJ ? how can he include this cult ? there was no information about him. Oh yeah, and the man hung with the hook ? who was he ?

But still, better than season 5. Hahaha.. too many questions about this season. Hahaha.. 

The best characters for AHS is in season 4 : Freak Show. They had excellent character. They use unique people for this season. People with phocomelia, dwarfism, the littlest women, etc. With their own characters, even without the story, it had a strong feel. In this season, maybe it’s not as good as season 4, but it’s acceptable :D

Third, the horror itself.

This season is totally different with another season. There was no ghost at all. And about the cult, first I was thought that cult will associate with Satanism, human sacrifice, hell, etc. but this cult is different. This cult is about people who had similarity, fear. Fear about the real world they had to face. The leader used their fear to make this cult. 

About the bloody thing, at this season is not as much as season 3 and season 4. Well, maybe there much blood in season 2, but as far as I remember, season 3 and 4 are just.. too.. scary.. the murder itself always on my mind.  

Well, I think that’s a little review about this AHS 7 : Cult. it’s more realistic than another season. That’s what makes it scary.

Moral of the story ? not about this season but also another season is, just be kind. Because we never know how fragile heart is. We don't know if we hurt others, then they will do something terrible, like.. killing (themself or others), hurting others again, or making very bad descicion. We know that we can’t please everyone, but maybe we can minimalize the pain ? it’s naïve to take a lesson from it. But it makes me think and try to be a better person than before.

Ok, have a nice day :D thank you for reading this post :D


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilihan untuk Menjadi Ibu yang Bekerja

Menjadi ibu itu capek ! Serius, melelahkan. Sebagai seorang ibu, mau bekerja atau full time di rumah, tetap saja melelahkan. Beberapa waktu...