Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Stay - Noodle



Stay. The first thing that I thought about stay is a struggle. How I can keep having a faith, even though, maybe, the world doesn’t in my side. This makes me think again.
Am I should keep staying for every thing ? Is staying always referred a positive thing ? When to decide to stay or leave ?
***
I love eating noodle. I love it that I can eat it every day. But, is it good for health ? I believe that many people can relate to this problem.
I read a short research about it :

Instant noodle is not easily digested in the body then the digestive tract has to work harder. If the instant noodle stays in the digestive tract for a long time, it will affect the absorption others nutrition. Besides, instant noodle has no nutrition for the body. Otherwise, the body will absorb additive substance, include toxic substance from preservatives, for example, tertiary-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ).

TBHQ is a synthetic antioxidant chemical substance. It’s usually used in instant noodle, but this substance can be found in the non-food material, such as pesticide, cosmetic, and perfume because its character to reduce evaporation.

Five grams of TBHQ is dangerous for the human body because it can cause nausea, vomit, and hard breathing. People whose eat instant noodle more than two times a week has a high risk to get metabolism disease, for example, obesity, high blood pressure, increasing blood sugar, and high cholesterol. Besides, there is benzopyrene (substance caused cancer) in some of the instant noodles (gizi.depkes.go.id).

There are many researches to find out a relation between instant noodle and health. A study in Harvard said that instant noodle consumption linked to heart risk in women (www.hsph.harvard.edu). Another study said that instant noodle intake and dietary patterns are associated with distinct cardiometabolic risk factors in Korea (Shin et all, 2014).

The high risk of heart disease with people that consume instant noodle is linked with salt level. The amount of salt in instant noodle in Australia is higher than eight packets of Smith’s salted potato chips and two Big Macs in common or it’s containing more than 80% of the daily recommended maximum salt intake of five grams a day. Furthermore, the noodle product with the highest sodium content per 100g was found in Indonesia, containing 7584 mg per 100g, almost 30 times the amount of sodium found in those with the lowest sodium content in New Zealand (www.goodfood.com.au).

The amount of salt level can cause high blood pressure. The mechanism is complex, as far as I know, salt contains natrium/sodium, it bounds with water. Consumption much salt can make water that bound in salt is higher. This condition makes blood volume increasing but it doesn’t effect the wide of the blood vessel. Then blood will flow heavily and the blood pressure will increase. High blood pressure is like a gate to cardiovascular disease.
***
After reading about noodle, should I stay eat it every day ? Based on the theory, the answer is no because it’s bad for health. But deep down in my heart, the answer is yes since I love it too much.  Can I say there is a contradiction between the heart and logical ? Maybe we have faced this moment but in a different case.

Then, what to decide ?
It depends on myself, what I want to choose, but I have to face every consequence. But I have to remember, stay is not always the best answer. 

If it bad for myself or it can make my life get worse, should I stay ?
If it not worth it and have a bad effect, should I stay ?
If it makes me feel the pain, so-much-pain, should I stay ?

Stay is not always the best answer. Sometimes, leave, is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilihan untuk Menjadi Ibu yang Bekerja

Menjadi ibu itu capek ! Serius, melelahkan. Sebagai seorang ibu, mau bekerja atau full time di rumah, tetap saja melelahkan. Beberapa waktu...